Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Some problem with database and volumes

2010-02-03 16:49:22
Subject: [Bacula-users] Some problem with database and volumes
From: eMJay <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 16:47:26 -0500
Hi,
I've installed bacula 2.4.4 from ubuntu repository. Daemons seemed to run fine,
but when I run bconsole and type status 2 (status of storage daemon), it
returns this message:

03-Feb 22:28 ubuntu-dir JobId 9: Fatal error: sql_get.c:595 sql_get.c:595 query
SELECT
PoolId,Name,NumVols,MaxVols,UseOnce,UseCatalog,AcceptAnyVolume,AutoPrune,Recycle,VolRetention,VolUseDuration,MaxVolJobs,MaxVolFiles,MaxVolBytes,PoolType,LabelType,LabelFormat,RecyclePoolId
 FROM Pool WHERE Pool.Name='Default' failed:
Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)
03-Feb 22:28 ubuntu-dir JobId 9: Fatal error: sql_get.c:595 sql_get.c:595 query
SELECT
PoolId,Name,NumVols,MaxVols,UseOnce,UseCatalog,AcceptAnyVolume,AutoPrune,Recycle,VolRetention,VolUseDuration,MaxVolJobs,MaxVolFiles,MaxVolBytes,PoolType,LabelType,LabelFormat,RecyclePoolId
 FROM Pool WHERE Pool.Name='Default' failed:
Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)
03-Feb 22:28 ubuntu-fd JobId 9: Fatal error: job.c:1814 Comm error with SD. bad
response to Append Data. ERR=No data available
03-Feb 22:28 ubuntu-sd JobId 9: Job Client1.2010-02-03_21.30.47.03 waiting.
Cannot find any appendable volumes.
Please use the "label"  command to create a new Volume for:
    Storage:      "FileStorage" (/mnt/mnt1)
    Pool:         Default
    Media type:   File

Mysql db is running fine, install script has created bacula db, tables and user
bacula, so I don't understand that error. I also checked opened ports, mysql
port 3306 is opened.
And although I've read few information about how to create volumes etc. I
didn't really understood them, so I want to ask you for help with this issue.

Thank you a lot.
Michal