Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Serious issues, should I start over?

2010-01-31 02:53:21
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Serious issues, should I start over?
From: Eric Downing <ripeart AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>, Jesper Krogh <jesper AT krogh DOT cc>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 02:50:26 -0500
Ok in my bacula-dir.conf file there was an entry for 'diraddress=127.0.0.1' however   commented that out earlier by myself upon a suggestion I read somewhere. I uncommented it and changed it to the local IP. I restarted bacula-director and tried to bconsole in with the same results.

Additionally, netstat -a|grep 3306 checking for MySQL didn't show, then the same command but used the bacula ports, and no dice. in /etc/services the bacula services are listed. Furthermore ps -Af shows nothing Bacula or MySQL related. I am unfamiliar with MySQL however I have used MSSQL a fair amount in the past (GUI stuff though). My box running Ubuntu is CLI only.

Not sure where to go from here. Thoughts?

Thanks,
Eric

Eric Downing wrote:
Oh no I wasn't implying that the list is slow! As a matter of fact I joined the list and watched the issues and responses for about a week before deciding on bacula as my solution. The list here is great!

I do not have a firewall, and I'll try checking the configs as you suggested. =)

Thank you,
Eric

Jesper Krogh wrote:
Eric Downing wrote:

OK, giving up. I think I've muddied things up too much so I'm going to restore
from a clean backup.

Are there any good step by steps out there? I imagine the ones I'm using aren't
working. I'm looking to first backup the local box (to a USB drive) then make
the leap to backing up my various boxes around the house here. OS is Ubuntu 9.04
(Deb5)

Ok. .. 29 minutes.. that was not much responsetime you gave the list
there.. even on a sunday morning.

It looks like you have either:
* A firewall blocking of you installation
* Not configured mysql/bacula to listen to other than 127.0.0.1

Go doublecheck both things and you'll get forward.