Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bacula 5.0 ubuntu SD connection problem

2010-01-29 12:02:48
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bacula 5.0 ubuntu SD connection problem
From: Richard Mortimer <richm AT oldelvet.org DOT uk>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 16:45:30 +0000
Hi,

I've answered as best I can below but you have omitted a lot of
important information from this report which likely point to
contributory factors in your problems.

On 29/01/2010 14:30, eMJay wrote:

> Hi there,
> I want to use Bacula as backup server in company that I work for. I've
 > downloaded and compiled Bacula 5.0 source codes.

> All three daemons (file,
 > storage, director) are running with no problems.
I presume that you mean that they start up ok. Have you managed to run
any jobs through these yet?

> But when I try to backup
 > some files from windows client (also bacula 5.0), console says that there
 > is one non-fatal FD error,
A cut and paste of that error would be useful.

> prints long list of problems with sql database
same here. Any problems with the database will likely stop things working.

 > and finally it says that Director is unable to authenticate with
> Storage
 > daemon because maximum concurrent jobs exceeded or SD networking is
messed
 > up.
error messages would be useful here.

> I've tried both restart daemon and change value of max. concurrent
 > jobs, but it didn't help.
I suggest that before you run any jobs you try to connect to the
director using bconsole. From there issues the status command and see
what it says about each component. There is no point trying to run a job
until you know that the director can contact each device and find out
status.

> Here is output from SD while it ran debugging mode
 > http://old.nabble.com/file/p27372652/check.txt
Thats a long log and without any clues from the error messages mentioned
above you I don't think its worth looking at.

Output without debug turned on would probably be useful to help
eliminate common issues.

> and configuration files
 > of director and storage daemon:
 > http://old.nabble.com/file/p27372652/bacula-dir.conf,
 > http://old.nabble.com/file/p27372652/bacula-sd.conf

I notice that you dont' define the SDPort in the Storage part of
-sd.conf. I think it should default to 9103 but it is worth adding to
make sure.

There may be other issues but I don't have time to think further at the
moment.

If I were you I would work to eliminate all of the warning/errors that
you see from the director/sd and possibly try running a few test jobs
using a -fd running on the backup server (eliminates firewall issues
etc.) before trying to get the windows client working.

Regards

Richard