Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula Project Version 5.0.0 released to Source Forge

2010-01-25 10:37:29
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula Project Version 5.0.0 released to Source Forge
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: ReynierPm <rperezm AT uci DOT cu>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 16:35:00 +0100
Hello Reynier,

I wasn't aware that Source Forge prohibited Open Source software from being
distributed in a number of countries such as yours.   It suprises me and in
my opinion is not a good thing, but then Source Forge is a US entity and so
they have no choice.

Since Bacula is developed in Switzerland, we do not have such export
restrictions.  However, that said, eventhough we are not directly subject to
US export laws, we would like to avoid any potential problems with the US
government, so I would hesitate to setup another server.

However, you might want to know that very often we load the Bacula release
files onto http://www.bacula.org/downloads so that people can test them and
developers can share the final versions before they are posted on Source
Forge.  If you look there, you will probably find what you want, but we
cannot guarantee how long they will remain (normally they are only removed
when the next version is released).

I hope that helps.

Best regards,

Kern