Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] Bacula Project Version 5.0.0 released to Source Forge

2010-01-25 10:23:20
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] Bacula Project Version 5.0.0 released to Source Forge
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 09:53:18 -0500
> The source code tar files and the Windows (32/64) binaries for Bacula version
> 5.0.0 have been released to Source Forge.  We are very pleased with this
> release for a number of reasons:

I put a preliminary ebuild for the new bacula version on my gentoo overlay at

http://github.com/drescherjm/jmdgentoooverlay/tree/master/app-backup/bacula/

Instructions for the overlay are in the wiki from that page. If you
choose to just copy the ebuild remember to copy the files/5.0.0 folder
as well this contains gentoo customizations.

Also I believe the building of the docs is off for this release.

It compiles and installs on my x86_64 development machine without any
problems and all daemons start. I have not tested running backups yet.

Remember to upgrade your database:

The simplest way to upgrade the database assuming you are building from
source:
1. Stop any current version of Bacula from running.

/etc/init.d/bacula-dir stop
/etc/init.d/bacula-sd stop
/etc/init.d/bacula-fd stop

2. Verify that bacula has stopped

ps -ef | grep bacula

should return no bacula processes (bacula-dir, bacula-fd, bacula-sd) running.

3. Save a copy of your existing database.
4. cd /usr/libexec/bacula
5. ./update_bacula_tables
6. If you have multiple catalogs, edit the update_bacula_tables
  script and put the name of another database, and then
  execute the script again. Repeat this until all Bacula
  catalogs have been updated.
7. Start the new Bacula.  If everything worked, it should
  not print any error messages.

/etc/init.d/bacula-fd start
/etc/init.d/bacula-sd start
/etc/init.d/bacula-dir start