Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Managing my disk space with Volume Pools?

2010-01-21 10:49:54
Subject: [Bacula-users] Managing my disk space with Volume Pools?
From: "Mr Gabriel" <gabriel AT impactteachers DOT com>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 15:47:42 +0000
I've managed to get my bacula install up and running pretty well. What I
want to do now, is to divide up where I store my backups, because some
are not as important as others. For example, I want to store all our
current working data in a different place to the default.

Do I create a new volume, and just reference that in jobs instead? I've
found that we have just over 4 TB of data, and I'd rather have my
dailies, my weeklies, and my monthlies, all on diffrent disks, obeying
different rules.

For example, my dailies only need to last a week, because after that,
any data should find it's way into the weeklies. Just to be safe, and
make sure that I got everything, I'd like for my dailies to expire after
a month, so I can reclaim the disk space

Any typos, and bad use of terminology is apologised for upfront, i've
been in front of my terminals for near on 24 hours, and my brain is
wobbling :)