Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula 2.4.4 : Need some help about Exclude

2010-01-19 06:45:06
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula 2.4.4 : Need some help about Exclude
From: Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 12:41:18 +0100
Hi,

19.01.2010 11:05, Cyril Lavier wrote:
> Arno Lehmann wrote:
>> Hi, again,
>>
>> this is the solution. It's actually simple - a bit of though and voilà...
>>
>> 19.01.2010 10:35, Arno Lehmann wrote:

>> Use this one instead - and notice the small modification made :-)
>>
>> FileSet {
>>    Name = "Users"
>>    Include {
>>       Options {
>>          Exclude = yes
>>          WildDir = "*/_*"
>>          WildFile = "*/_*"
>>       }
>>

>>         Options {
>>            signature = sha1
>>            verify = pnugsi
>>         }
>>

>>       File = /users/
>>    }
>> }
>>

> Oh thanks.
>
> It works.
>
> Few minutes ago, I get to my result using this line :
>
> Regex = "/_"
>
> I would like to know which solution (Regex or WildDir/WildFile) is the
> best (in performance) and more reliable.

They shouldn't be different as far as reliability is concerned.

Performance-wise, I would assume that RegExes are much more expensive,
though I don't know how they behave with such simple ones as yours
above. Essentially, as it's rather unlikely that you have thousands of
them in any fileset, I don't think it matters. If the few milliseconds
difference that I guess you'll end up with matter, you've probably got
other problems already...

Anyway, to really measure, you'd need a dedicated test program around
the functions Bacula uses, and I'm sure that I won't ever need that,
so you'd have to start developing it yourself :-)

Alternatively, ask Eric Bollengier - he tends to know those things in
much more detail than I ever need ;-)

Cheers,

Arno

--