Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] HP MSL2024 Autochanger "ERR=Device or resource busy."

2010-01-18 23:54:45
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] HP MSL2024 Autochanger "ERR=Device or resource busy."
From: Richard Scobie <richard AT sauce.co DOT nz>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 17:54:12 +1300
Richard Scobie wrote:

> Thanks for the followup, but after finding the thread referenced below
> yesterday, I switch the SCSI HBA and library into another box (different
> motherboard) and it is humming along fine using the same config files.
>
> Granted this box is running Fedora 8, not Fedora 11 as the previous box
> was, but I'll have a better idea if it is the hardware when I connect it
> to the production server which is also running Fedora 11.
>
> Thanks all for the assistence - see Kern's comments here:
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT
> net/msg12861.html

Just a follow up on this for the archives.

Story to this point:

HP MSL2024 autochanger on HP parallel SCSI HBA was failing with drive
error, "ERR=Device or resource busy.", when installed on Fedora 11 Core2
Duo based machine.

Switched HBA and library to a Fedora 8 Core i7 box and all went well -
same Bacula version and configs.

Moved HBA and library to final production box - Fedora 11 Core i7 and
the same problem re-occured.

Replacing the Fedora kernel 2.6.30.8-64.fc11.x86_64 with a stock
2.6.32.3 has fixed it.

I did not have time to work out exactly where in the kernel the problem
lies.

Regards,

Richard