Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] HP MSL2024 Autochanger "ERR=Device or resource busy."

2010-01-09 14:43:40
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] HP MSL2024 Autochanger "ERR=Device or resource busy."
From: Richard Scobie <richard AT sauce.co DOT nz>
To: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 08:38:12 +1300
John Drescher wrote:

> Have you tried to stop bacula-sd and then execute the mtx-changer
> script directly from the shell? You will probably have to look at the
> code for the parameters.

Hi John,

Yes, I have successfully been able to do this a number of times and also
  run through the "btape test" including the "auto" test without problem.

I have beeen able to dd directly to the tape also.

labeled the first 3 or 4 and then failed with the "ERR=Device or
resource busy" on all the rest.

So something is inconsistent somewhere. Unfortunately I cannot run the
HP LTT test utility as it is not compatible with Fedora 11.

Regards,

Richard