Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Schedule not being followed

2010-01-15 08:55:32
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Schedule not being followed
From: Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 14:39:56 +0100
Hello,

15.01.2010 08:25, Glyn wrote:
> Using 3.0.2 on Ubuntu 8.04 server with MySQL.
>
> It is now Friday of the 2nd week of January so the schedule A with Pool
> A should be used, I would have thought. However, this morning at 9:05 I
> get a message asking for a volume of drive B to be labelled. From Monday
> to Thursday the A schedule was used correctly but now suddenly on
> Friday, it wants to switch to the B schedule.
> Maybe I have something wrong in the dir.conf? The schedule section is
> below and any help would be appreciated.

Given the number of schedules you have, you also have different backup
jobs set up.

A backup job can only be based upon previous backups of the same job.

To achieve what you want, only use one job, and a schedule like

Schedule {
    Name = "WeeklyCycleAB"
    Run = Incremental Pool = Incr-Pool-B 1st, 3rd, 5th mon-fri at 19:05
    Run = Full Pool = Full-Pool-B 1st, 3rd, 5th sat at 02:05
    Run = Incremental Pool = Incr-Pool-A 2nd, 4th mon-fri at 19:05
    Run = Full Pool = Full-Pool-A 2nd, 4th Sat at 02:05
}

That should help :-)

Arno

--