Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] stuck job blocks all queue

2010-01-13 22:13:03
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] stuck job blocks all queue
From: Daniel De Marco <ddm AT bartol.udel DOT edu>
To: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 22:08:43 -0500
* Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org> [01/13/2010 20:03]:
> I think you need to read up on 'concurrent jobs'.
> "If you want to run concurrent jobs you should keep these points in mind:
>      * See Running Concurrent Jobs on how to setup concurrent jobs.
>      * Bacula concurrently runs jobs of only one priority at a time. It
> will not simultaneously run a priority 1 and a priority 2 job. "

I see, I tought that since the first job was stuck it wouldn't block the
queue and the above would not apply, but thinking about it, it makes sense.

So it is not possible to have a workaround or a different configuration
so that a stuck job would not block the queue??

Thanks, Daniel.