Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] stuck job blocks all queue

2010-01-13 20:06:16
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] stuck job blocks all queue
From: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 20:02:01 -0500
Daniel De Marco wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a weird configuration problem with bacula (3.0.2). I looked
> through the manual, the faq and the mailing list archives, but my
> searches couldn't come up with any relevant info.
>
> If one of the jobs in my queue gets stuck "waiting for an appendable
> volume" all the jobs after that one are blocked and do not run until I
> label a new volume for the original job. This happens even if the jobs
> have different Pools, Storage, Storage devices and Storage Media Type.
> I was expecting the original job to get stuck, but for the others to
> continue unaffected.
>
> Here's one example:
> 17544 Full    BK-wakko.2010-01-13_17.27.09_03 is waiting for an appendable
> Volume
> 17545 Increme  BK-mailserver.2010-01-13_17.28.09_04 is waiting for higher
> priority jobs to finish
>
> BK-mailserver (priority = 8) is waiting for BK-wakko (priority = 10) to
> be completed even if it should be possible for it to proceed.
> Is there any way to achieve this behaviour?

I think you need to read up on 'concurrent jobs'.

http://www.bacula.org/en/rel-manual/Configuring_Director.html#SECTION001430000000000000000

"If you want to run concurrent jobs you should keep these points in mind:

     * See Running Concurrent Jobs on how to setup concurrent jobs.

     * Bacula concurrently runs jobs of only one priority at a time. It
will not simultaneously run a priority 1 and a priority 2 job. "