Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] how to label a dvd?

2010-01-12 02:02:55
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] how to label a dvd?
From: "Timo Neuvonen" <timo-news AT tee-en DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 08:57:27 +0200
> The Bacula manual and billion web pages recommending Bacula
> all say DVDs are supported and presumably work ok.  If not
> the case, shouldn't the Bacula web site and manual be updated
> to say so?

To some level I agree... but open source support requires there should be
someone who has resources (time), know-how and motivation to support it. I
think so far there isn't a decision to drop the DVD support, but neither not
enough interest to fix DVD problems that appeared after some other system
change. I've never tried to use DVDs with bacula, so I don't know the
details...

--
TiN