Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] how to label a dvd?

2010-01-11 11:13:21
Subject: [Bacula-users] how to label a dvd?
From: Stuart McGraw <smcg4191 AT frii DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 08:38:22 -0700
Hello,

I realize this is a really dumb question, but I have
not been able to find an answer by googling (or if I
did, I didn't understand it, :-)

I am trying to use Bacula for first time and want to
use DVD+R media.  I've never used DVD media before and
don't understand how to get Bacula to label them.
Because it has to be mounted for Bacula to use it, I
have to write some file system to the blank DVD first,
yes?

How do I do that?  I have tried using "growisofs -Z
/dev/dvd -R -J somefile" but that produces a "finalized"
(right term?) disk that Bacula can't write to.  I have
read the growisofs and mkisofs man pages but they might
as well be greek.  What is the magic incantation to get
a DVD+R disk that Bacula can write a label to?