Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] how to label a dvd?

2010-01-11 21:15:48
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] how to label a dvd?
From: Jari Fredriksson <jarif AT iki DOT fi>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 03:48:21 +0200
On 11.1.2010 17:38, Stuart McGraw wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I realize this is a really dumb question, but I have
> not been able to find an answer by googling (or if I
> did, I didn't understand it, :-)
>
> I am trying to use Bacula for first time and want to
> use DVD+R media.  I've never used DVD media before and
> don't understand how to get Bacula to label them.
> Because it has to be mounted for Bacula to use it, I
> have to write some file system to the blank DVD first,
> yes?
>
> How do I do that?

You don't need to, Bacula formats the disc if it needs to. Just label
it, and it will be done. Labeling a DVD+RW first time take some 15
minutes, but then it's use is fast. I have not tried DVD+R, but it
should work the same.

I use Bacula 2.0.2, because it has a working DVD solution. All later
versions were somehow broken. I posted bug announces, but they never
were fixed, and DVD is not supported any more.

You can download 2.0.2 from sourceforge.

--
http://www.iki.fi/jarif/

You will be run over by a bus.