Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Automatic labeling does not work

2010-01-05 16:15:57
Subject: [Bacula-users] Automatic labeling does not work
From: Karsten Schulze <kaschulze AT web DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2010 22:13:18 +0100
System: Debian Squeeze (testing), Bacula V3.0.2. and MySQL v5.1.41

At the moment I test some configurations before I want to use it on the
live system.
My question sounds pretty basic - but I couldn't find an answer in
several forums.

I have configured the system to write the backup to disk and the
labeling should be done automatically.
I have also tried several different settings - but without success.

bacula-dir.conf:
Pool {
  Name = Default
  Pool Type = Backup
  Recycle = Yes                       # Bacula can automatically recycle
Volumes
  AutoPrune = Yes                     # Prune expired volumes
  Volume Retention = 9 days
  Label Format = "Volume-"
  Maximum Volume Bytes = 1g
  Maximum Volumes = 3
}

bacula-sd.conf:
Device {
  Name = FileStorage
  Media Type = File
  Archive Device = /automnt/backupdisk/Daten/Backup
  LabelMedia = Yes
  Random Access = Yes
  Maximum Volume Size = 1g
  AutomaticMount = Yes               # when device opened, read it
  RemovableMedia = No
}

When I start the backup I get following message:
*run
A job name must be specified.
The defined Job resources are:
     1: Backup_vdrserver
     2: BackupCatalog
     3: RestoreFiles
Select Job resource (1-3): 1
Run Backup job
JobName:  Backup_vdrserver
Level:    Incremental
Client:   vdrserver-fd
FileSet:  Home Karsten
Pool:     Default (From Job resource)
Storage:  File (From Job resource)
When:     2010-01-05 19:35:51
OK to run? (yes/mod/no): yes
Job queued. JobId=70
*
05-Jan 19:37 vdrserver-sd JobId 70: User defined maximum volume capacity
1,073,741,824 exceeded on device "FileStorage"
(/automnt/backupdisk/Daten/Backup).
05-Jan 19:37 vdrserver-sd JobId 70: End of medium on Volume
"Volume-0011" Bytes=1,073,678,784 Blocks=16,646 at 05-Jan-2010 19:37.
05-Jan 19:37 vdrserver-sd JobId 70: Job
Backup_vdrserver.2010-01-05_19.35.57_06 waiting. Cannot find any
appendable volumes.
Please use the "label"  command to create a new Volume for:
    Storage:      "FileStorage" (/automnt/backupdisk/Daten/Backup)
    Pool:         Default
    Media type:   File
*

Yes this true, the Volume-0011 is full (according to my settings). But I
expected that Bacula can create (and mount) a new Volume-0012
automatically. The directory /automnt/backupdisk/Daten/Backup is on the
USB-drive. Using the shell I have no problems to write on it.

What is wrong in my configuration. (I can't believe that this is a bug
in v3.0.2).
Maybe this question is similar to the post of Pedro Gomes
https://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_name=ba07c74f1001051129p2a9048f6nc57c95bf61aebc5%40mail.gmail.com

Any hints are appreciated thanks.

Regards, Karsten