Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Purge Jobs

2009-12-21 11:03:33
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Purge Jobs
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: Gabriel - IP Guys <Gabriel AT impactteachers DOT com>, bacula-users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 10:59:31 -0500
On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 7:34 AM, Gabriel - IP Guys
<Gabriel AT impactteachers DOT com> wrote:

> [...]

Bacula will only recycle volumes in their entirety so if you have a
volume with 1 good job on it and the rest bad the only way to free
space is to recycle the whole volume deleting the good backup. Also
the disk space reduction of the volume only happens when the volume is
used again.

John