Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Problem with concurrent jobs on same Device resource

2009-12-21 11:25:05
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Problem with concurrent jobs on same Device resource
From: Martin Reissner <mreissner AT wavecon DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 17:21:55 +0100

(http://www.bacula.org/3.0.x-manuals/en/install/install/Storage_Daemon_Configuratio.html)
>> I found that you can set a "Maximum Concurrent Jobs" option in the
>> Device Resource in bacula-sd.conf but when I add that option I get the
>> following error.
>>
>> Starting Bacula Storage daemon: 21-Dec 11:22 bacula-sd: ERROR
>> TERMINATION at parse_conf.c:954
>> Config error: Keyword "MaximumConcurrentJobs" not permitted in this
>> resource.
>> Perhaps you left the trailing brace off of the previous resource.
>> : line 135, col 26 of file /etc/bacula/bacula-sd.conf
>> Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 4;
>>

>> So, is it even possible to run concurrent jobs on one Storage Device and
>> if so what am i missing out?

>I think this was added just to the 3.1 code

>http://www.bacula.org/3.1.x-manuals/en/main/main/New_Features_in_3_1_4.html#SECTION00320000000000000000

>Ralf

Hello,

thanks for pointing this out. As it says 3.0.x-manuals in the url I
posted I thought this shoud work in 3.0.3 as well.

Still I'm not sure if this is the actual solution to my problem as on
the new features in 3.1.4 link it says: "This facilitates writing to
multiple drives with multiple Jobs that all use the same Pool." while
I'm perfectly fine with running concurrent Jobs on different Pools and I
also just use one drive (ie. my RAID array)

Martin

--
Wavecon GmbH | Frankenstrasse 9 | 90762 Fuerth
HR/HRN: 10780 | GF: Cemil Degirmenci