Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Problem with concurrent jobs on same Device resource

2009-12-21 05:49:27
Subject: [Bacula-users] Problem with concurrent jobs on same Device resource
From: Martin Reissner <mreissner AT wavecon DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 11:27:20 +0100
Hello,

once again I have a problem with running concurrent jobs on my bacula
setup. I'm using Version: 3.0.3 (18 October 2009) on DIR and SD and all
data goes to a single SD where multiple Device Resources are configured
(RAID-6 Harddisk Storage). Running concurrent jobs on different Device
Resources works fine but I can't get concurrent jobs running on one
Device Resource no matter if the Jobs use the same or different Pools.

I have set the Maximum Concurrent Jobs Option in
Director {..} in bacula-dir.conf
Storage {..} in bacula-dir.conf
Client {..} in bacula-dir.conf
Job {..} in bacula-dir.conf

Storage {..} in bacula-sd.conf

FileDaemon {..} in bacula-fd.conf

When I start two Jobs that use the same Device Resource the second Job
is listed as "... is waiting on Storage Mystore".

On here
(http://www.bacula.org/3.0.x-manuals/en/install/install/Storage_Daemon_Configuratio.html)
I found that you can set a "Maximum Concurrent Jobs" option in the
Device Resource in bacula-sd.conf but when I add that option I get the
following error.

Starting Bacula Storage daemon: 21-Dec 11:22 bacula-sd: ERROR
TERMINATION at parse_conf.c:954
Config error: Keyword "MaximumConcurrentJobs" not permitted in this
resource.
Perhaps you left the trailing brace off of the previous resource.
            : line 135, col 26 of file /etc/bacula/bacula-sd.conf
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 4;

So, is it even possible to run concurrent jobs on one Storage Device and
if so what am i missing out?

Regards,

Martin