Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] Has anyone tried MariaDB with bacula?

2009-12-16 07:13:24
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] Has anyone tried MariaDB with bacula?
From: Mark V <mvyver AT gmail DOT com>
To: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 23:10:17 +1100
On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 9:56 PM, Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com> wrote:
> On Wednesday 16 December 2009 10:54:21 Jari Fredriksson wrote:
>> As the future of MySQL seems to be uncertain, and there is an
>> alternative, has anyone tried it? Any comments?
>>
>> http://askmonty.org/wiki/index.php/MariaDB_versus_MySQL
>
> We have not yet tried MariaDB, but we are following its development very
> closely.  It looks very interesting. We have through our FSFE contacts

I've drifted from the world of DB's a little.  However, MonetDB had
left an impression on me.
I cannot say if the performance figures would carry over to Bacula's use case.
Nor say if it is functionally suited.  Those disclaimers aside I think
it might be worth looking into.

http://monetdb.cwi.nl/
http://monetdb.cwi.nl/SQL/Benchmark/TPCH/index.html

HTH