Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] [Solved] Re: Create new volume vs. recycle volume (with config)

2009-12-15 10:27:05
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] [Solved] Re: Create new volume vs. recycle volume (with config)
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: Brian Clarkson <brianc AT lnstar DOT com>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 10:24:11 -0500
On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 10:10 AM, Brian Clarkson <brianc AT lnstar DOT com>
wrote:
> There were still volumes in my pool that were marked recycle=yes.
>
> Removing the recycle flag from all volumes triggered the creation of new
> filenames for each server and backup job.
>
> Just changing the recycle flag to "no" in the configuration didn't solve
> the problem.

The issue here is the pool resource in bacula-dir.conf is just a
template for creating new volumes. It does not effect old volumes. So
after modifying the pool resource you need to tell bacula to apply the
changes to old volumes.

John