Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Crashing storage director. Need help getting trace.

2009-12-14 03:51:31
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Crashing storage director. Need help getting trace.
From: Jim Barber <jim.barber AT ddihealth DOT com>
To: Martin Simmons <martin AT lispworks DOT com>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 16:47:00 +0800
Jim Barber wrote:

> Thanks Martin.
>
> I've compiled and installed version 3.1.6 from a git pull I did on 10th Dec.
> I'm not sure if this new version will crash or not.
> But I've manually attached a gdb session to it just in case it does.
>
> Thanks.

I'm not having much luck with this.
When I attached to the process with gdb it seems to interfere with it.
It's like to stops running.
It no longer responds to status commands etc.

I'm not familiar enough with gdb to resolve it.
I tried the 'c'ontinue command just in case attaching stops the process.
But it doesn't make any difference.

Regards,

Jim Barber
DDI Health