Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Upgrade to 3.0.3 Job is waiting for execution

2009-12-14 04:11:40
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Upgrade to 3.0.3 Job is waiting for execution
From: Giuseppe De Nicolo' <g.denicolo AT itdep.oapointroma DOT org>
To: Bruno Friedmann <bruno AT ioda-net DOT ch>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 10:09:52 +0100
Bruno Friedmann wrote:
> On 11/17/2009 03:31 PM, Giuseppe De Nicolo' wrote:
>
>> Giuseppe De Nicolo' wrote:

>>> Hi and thank you for your answer, actually you where right , I had ma
>>> concurrent jobs se to 1 into director configuration file, though I had
>>> it also in 3.0.1 and it worked like a charm .... thats why I
>>> overlooked the problem, has something changed since 3.0.1 ? and anyway
>>> even if I had a concurrency limit of 1 ( which I could like ) why are
>>> jobs then not firing up once the first one has completed ?
>>>
>>> Anyway I may consider my problem for such I thank you very much
>>>
>>> Sincerely
>>>

>> Well evidently I was wrong my problem is not solved, it just change
>> behavior, now subsequent jobs does not sit anymore in queue saying
>>
>> "job is waiting execution" but  instead they claim to be running which in
>> fact is not true, since backup devise is dismounted and nothing happens ,
>> pratically the system is on hang till I reboot the bacula service .... then
>> only  the firts job in line again does run others hangs the system and so on
>>
>> Any clue ??
>>

> Since yesterday, I've upgraded our working 2.4.4 version to a 3.0.3 build.
>
> I'm facing the same trouble. first job run smoothly, other are marked as
> running
> but a status client / storage show that nothing is running on other daemons.
>
> How did you fix your case ?

Hi,

    well in my case I purged all my store deleted and recreated em  ,
disinstalled bacula ( saving all the config files ) then re-compiled it
and reinstalled directly the 3.0.3 , wich of course can't be actually
define a "solution" AND I could do this since I m still in testing phase
I dunno if you can purge all your backup stores ...