Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] RunScript fails

2009-12-11 03:51:47
Subject: [Bacula-users] RunScript fails
From: Sascha Retzki <sascha AT work DOT de>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 09:47:39 +0100
Good morning,

I've got the following RunScript-directive in my Job definition. What I
want to do is run a script before the job is started, on the client
obviously, that dumps the databases into a directory backed up by bacula
later on.

         RunScript {
                 RunsWhen = Before
                 FailJobOnError = No
                 Command = "/usr/local/sbin/db_sql_backup.sh"
         }

I've got two problems, first of the Job fails because the script can't
be run - I expected the FailJobOnError = No directive to make bacula
inform me about the script not beeing run but still continues backing up
the other data.
I named it already, the script fails. I tried starting it on the client
machine and it works fine. I suspect permission problems because the
directory the script writes into is just writeable by root. Then again
the FD is running as root too sooo.. yeah dunno.
Yet another question, is there a way to get stderr from the script?
Should I (or rather, can I?) pipe stderr into some directory that is
backed up (like in Command = "myscript.sh 2> /var/www/myscript.err")?

Either way here's the log output:

11-Dec 02:00 datensenke-dir JobId 35: Fatal error: Bad response to
RunScript command: wanted 2000 OK RunScript, got 2999 Invalid command

11-Dec 02:00 datensenke-dir JobId 35: Fatal error: Client "vash-fd"
RunScript failed.
11-Dec 02:00 datensenke-dir JobId 35: Fatal error: No Job status
returned from FD.

Sascha Retzki                   n@work Internet Informationssyteme
EMail: sascha AT work DOT de           Wandalenweg 5 - 20097 Hamburg
Tel.: +49 (0)40-23 88 09-338    Germany     -   http://www.work.de
HR B 61 668 - Amtsgericht Hamburg Geschaeftsfuehrer Jan Diegelmann