Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] RunScript fails

2009-12-11 04:41:11
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] RunScript fails
From: Sascha Retzki <sascha AT work DOT de>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 10:38:08 +0100
Sascha Retzki wrote:
> Good morning,

ClientRunBeforeJob = "/usr/local/sbin/db_sql_backup.sh"

this works. Apperently the RunScript {} thing runs on the director?

> I've got the following RunScript-directive in my Job definition. What I
> want to do is run a script before the job is started, on the client
> obviously, that dumps the databases into a directory backed up by bacula
> later on.
>
>          RunScript {
>                  RunsWhen = Before
>                  FailJobOnError = No
>                  Command = "/usr/local/sbin/db_sql_backup.sh"
>          }
>

> I've got two problems, first of the Job fails because the script can't
> be run - I expected the FailJobOnError = No directive to make bacula
> inform me about the script not beeing run but still continues backing up
> the other data.
> I named it already, the script fails. I tried starting it on the client
> machine and it works fine. I suspect permission problems because the
> directory the script writes into is just writeable by root. Then again
> the FD is running as root too sooo.. yeah dunno.
> Yet another question, is there a way to get stderr from the script?
> Should I (or rather, can I?) pipe stderr into some directory that is
> backed up (like in Command = "myscript.sh 2> /var/www/myscript.err")?
>

> Either way here's the log output:
>
> 11-Dec 02:00 datensenke-dir JobId 35: Fatal error: Bad response to
> RunScript command: wanted 2000 OK RunScript, got 2999 Invalid command
>
> 11-Dec 02:00 datensenke-dir JobId 35: Fatal error: Client "vash-fd"
> RunScript failed.
> 11-Dec 02:00 datensenke-dir JobId 35: Fatal error: No Job status
> returned from FD.

Sascha Retzki                   n@work Internet Informationssyteme
EMail: sascha AT work DOT de           Wandalenweg 5 - 20097 Hamburg
Tel.: +49 (0)40-23 88 09-338    Germany     -   http://www.work.de
HR B 61 668 - Amtsgericht Hamburg Geschaeftsfuehrer Jan Diegelmann