Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] prune not working as expected

2009-12-10 16:15:18
Subject: [Bacula-users] prune not working as expected
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 13:11:38 -0800
I have a couple older volumes that I expected to get pruned by now, but they
don't. I am using bacula 3.0.2 on OpenSuSE.

Here is one example:

|     244 | randamai_20091101223426_Full.bacula                    | Archive
|       1 |  93,005,712,230 |       21 |    2,851,200 |       0 |    0 |
 0 | File      | 2009-11-02 02:11:00 |

When I used the prune volume command, I saw the following (all as expected):

Enter *MediaId or Volume name:
*244
The current Volume retention period is: 1 month 3 days
Continue? (yes/mod/no):
 yes

But this volume remains unpruned even though it is older than 1 month and 3
days.

One thing that might possibly be related: these volumes were created with
bacula 2.4.2. When I migrated to 3.0, I created a new database from scratch and
used bscan to import the volumes. That was about a week ago. Bacula falsely
assigned a retention time of 1 year; I corrected that with an update pool
command.

Thanks!