Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Network transfer Speed

2009-12-08 15:15:12
Subject: [Bacula-users] Network transfer Speed
From: "Hayden Katzenellenbogen" <hayden AT nextlevelinternet DOT com>
To: "bacula-users" <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 12:11:32 -0800
Everyone,

I currently have a single server with 2.5TB of local data that I need to
back up. The problem I am running into is that the server only has a
100Mb/s network card so I am limited to 12MB/s of data transfer. I
thought using the loopback interface would give better speed but it
seems that I get identical results.

Is there a way to have Bacula read directly off the file system (not a
raw partition) instead of relying on a network transfer.

Has anyone had a similar experience with a creative solution. (This
could be something obvious I have missed).

I am currently running Bacula 3.0.3 (upgraded this morning) on Ubuntu
8.04 LTS. This server is running storage, file and director daemons.

Thanks
Hayden

Hayden Katzenellenbogen
haydenk AT nextlevelinternet DOT com
NextLevel Internet
858-836-0700
www.nextlevelinternet.com

By the way, we are never too busy for referrals!
If you know someone who might be interested in our services (Hosted PBX,
Voice, Internet, Metro Ethernet, Co-Location) or who is unhappy with
their current communications provider, we will take exceptional care of
them!