Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula Problem Storage File

2009-12-07 10:12:55
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula Problem Storage File
From: "Gabriel - IP Guys" <Gabriel AT impactteachers DOT com>
To: "Oliver Knittel" <ok AT systemhaus-kec DOT de>, <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 15:10:11 -0000

Do a DIG backupsrv.ke-si.intern from the Bacula-DIR. (make sure you
didn't add an entry to your hosts file as this will take precedence). It
should return the IP address of the storage daemon. If not, fix that
problem first. (I know you mentioned DNS is correct etc, but lets make
sure).

Check your firewalls, on the storage daemon, and on your network
perimeter, and all the firewalls in between.

Next ensure that the storage daemon is *running*

Then I would suggest trying to telnet to port 9102 (port 9102 is for the
storage daemon I think), while checking the logs, or sniffing the
traffic on the actual storage daemon, to make sure that you request
actually makes it to the storage daemon.

If it's not working by this point - then I guess you'll have to come
back to the list!