Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Device open but no Bacula Volume is mounted

2009-07-30 08:11:35
Subject: [Bacula-users] Device open but no Bacula Volume is mounted
From: Kris Monstad <kris.monstad AT absolutestudios DOT com>
To: Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 16:40:31 +0100
Hi,

We're using Bacual v2.2.5 on Centos 4.7.

After a power cut which affected only our LTO4 drive (server on UPS)
none of our tapes are mounting properly. The output is as follows:

*mount LTO4
block.c:995 Read error on fd=5 at file:blk 0:0 on device "LTO4"
(/dev/st0). ERR=Input/output error.
block.c:995 Read error on fd=5 at file:blk 0:0 on device "LTO4"
(/dev/st0). ERR=Input/output error.
3902 Cannot mount Volume on Storage Device "LTO4" (/dev/st0) because:
Requested Volume "" on "LTO4" (/dev/st0) is not a Bacula labeled Volume,
because: ERR=block.c:995 Read error on fd=5 at file:blk 0:0 on device
"LTO4" (/dev/st0). ERR=Input/output error.
3905 Device "LTO4" (/dev/st0) open but no Bacula volume is mounted.
If this is not a blank tape, try unmounting and remounting the Volume.

Unmounting and re-mounting gives the same message.

Any advice or thoughts on what is happening here are appreciated!

Thanks,
Kris