Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula spool on SSD -- solid state driveperformance testing?

2009-07-24 07:23:51
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula spool on SSD -- solid state driveperformance testing?
From: Ralf Gross <Ralf-Lists AT ralfgross DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 13:18:01 +0200
Meyer, Mark schrieb:
> I'm interested in what parameters for what scheduler you're using.
> Did you test using synthetic benchmarks or with the production
> configuration?

I use this parameters for the cfq scheduler (got the info about that
on the LKML).

echo 10 > /sys/block/sda/queue/iosched/slice_async

echo 300 > /sys/block/sda/queue/iosched/slice_sync

Usually I prefer deadline, but I couldn't tweak it in a way that read
performance stays stable while a second job writes to the device.

I tested it with tiobench and with bacula.

Ralf