Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] install bat on RHEL or CentOS

2009-07-20 17:00:40
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] install bat on RHEL or CentOS
From: "Jayson Broughton" <jbroughton AT truecos DOT com>
To: "'Mark Nienberg'" <gmane AT tippingmar DOT com>, <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 14:42:59 -0600
Mark,
I have bat successfully working on an RHEL5 machine.  I keep a journal of
all my successes/failures, and was able to look back through it to find out
how I installed it properly.  This may or may not be what you are looking
for, but I will post the entry in its entirety

- BAT has been successfully installed on the server.  I had to create a
custom rpm from an Fedora Core 7 qt library and install it.  This is how I
did it

Creating Custom RPM for QT-4.4.3 & Enable BAT
1. Download qt4-4.3.4-14.fc7.src.rpm from a repo
2. rpmbuild --rebuild --define 'dist .el5' --define 'rhel5'
qt4.4.3.4-14.fc7.src.rpm
3. Upon building, go to the directory that the RPM's were built and install
via:
        1. rpm -I qt4-3.4-14.el5.i386.rpm qt4-devel-4.3.4-14.el5.i386.rpm
qt4-x11-4.3.4-14.el5.i386.rpm
4. After installing the RPM you need to recompile bacula from source to
enable bat, and install bat.
        1. ./configure --enable-bat --enable-client-only --with-qwt=/usr/lib
&& make
        2. cp src/qt-console/bat /usr/sbin
        3. cp src/qt-console/bat.conf /etc/bacula
        4. Change the password in /etc/bacula/bat.conf to the director
password
        5. Start: bat -d99 -c /etc/bacula/bat.conf

Like I said, this was a journal entry from a book that I keep on bacula
installs/configuration.  So this may or may not work for you.  Also, I
installed all 3 packages of the QT library (qt4, devel and xll), you may not
need all of these.

~Jayson