Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Some help on this ...

2009-07-04 12:32:31
Subject: [Bacula-users] Some help on this ...
From: Reynier Perez Mira <rperezm AT uci DOT cu>
To: "bacula-users (anglais)" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sat, 04 Jul 2009 12:23:55 -0400
Hi every:
Thanks to many here I have Bacula working fine with 55 clients for now
and one Storage (File) and I'm proud of this. Now I'm moving to the next
step "Configuring my Tape Library". I have the Tape Library wich is Dell
PowerVault 122 to a Windows Server. I want to use Bacula to save backups
also to tapes when a certainly period has ended. For example my backup
politics is:
1) Volume and Jobs retention: 1 year
2) Full Backup: First time off course and then the last Sunday of the month
3) Differential Backup: Every sunday except the last because Full Backup
4) Incremental Backup: Diary except when are Differential or Full

Now I want every week to save the Differential and Full backups to tapes
but haven't any idea in how to do this. First of all as I said before
the Tape Library is attached to a Windows Server 2003 RC2, second I
haven't much knowledge about this topic.

What's your recommendations at this point? Any guide? Any samples? Any tip?
I'll be gracefully if any can help me here
Best,
--
Ing. Reynier Pérez Mira