Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Data Interleaving Question

2009-07-04 03:35:13
Subject: [Bacula-users] Data Interleaving Question
From: Robert LeBlanc <robert AT leblancnet DOT us>
To: "bacula-users (anglais)" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2009 01:18:07 -0600
We are running backups to a DataDomain box and we are not getting the dedup rate that we thought we should be getting. I'm thinking that the concurrent jobs may have something to do with it. I've read that with tape devices you can specify Minimum Block Size, but not for random access devices. Is there a minimum chuck size for disk based volumes? I tried setting the "Use Volume Once" option, but that effectively made concurrent jobs = 1. I'd hate to spool to the DataDomain box and then transfer it back to the DataDomain device in a volume. We are running 2.4.4.

Thanks,

Robert LeBlanc
Life Sciences & Undergraduate Education Computer Support
Brigham Young University