Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Release Drive0 no longer works (99% of time)

2009-06-26 05:01:13
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Release Drive0 no longer works (99% of time)
From: Thomas Glatthor <Thomas.Glatthor AT ic3s DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 10:56:36 +0200
i remember that i have problems with mt and mtx after upgrading to lenny,
something causes problems with their output and the mtx-changer script.
e.g. "update slots" needs to run twice in most cases

now i'm using self compiled version of mt and mtx
and everything works just like expected.

terryc schrieb:
> Has anyone else running Debian Lenny had/have this problem?
>
> Since upgrading from Debian Etch to Debian Lenny, I have found that
> "release Drive0" does not unrelease the tape (DEC DLT single tape) in
> 99% of occassions.
>
> The message about drive waiting for sysop is still printed on the
> consol, but I now have to (99% of time) enter a "unmount Drive0" command
> at the console, before it will unload the tape.
>
> InitiallyI thought it might have been related to replacing the adaptec
> scsi card with a qlogic scsi card, which occurred at the same time as
> the distribution upgrade, but the adaptec card has returned to this
> system and the problem still persists.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas of causes?
>
> I suspect that yet another righteous dabble has been carried out in some
> application in Debian and this lack of functionlity in the scsi system
> is the result.

ic3s Information, Computer und Solartechnik AG
Bäckerbarg 6, 22889 Tangstedt, Germany

Telefon    +49.4109.555.121
Telefax    +49.4109.555.57
E-Mail     Thomas.Glatthor AT ic3s DOT de
Web        http://www.ic3s.de/

Vorstand: Jan Behrmann (Vorsitzender), Stefan Fehlauer, Marc Hoffmann
Aufsichtsrat: Juergen Langhammer (Vorsitzender)
Amtsgericht Kiel HRB 7590
UST.IdNr. DE184532766