Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Release Drive0 no longer works (99% of time)

2009-06-24 02:54:56
Subject: [Bacula-users] Release Drive0 no longer works (99% of time)
From: terryc <terryc AT woa.com DOT au>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 16:49:07 +1000
Has anyone else running Debian Lenny had/have this problem?

Since upgrading from Debian Etch to Debian Lenny, I have found that
"release Drive0" does not unrelease the tape (DEC DLT single tape) in
99% of occassions.

The message about drive waiting for sysop is still printed on the
consol, but I now have to (99% of time) enter a "unmount Drive0" command
at the console, before it will unload the tape.

InitiallyI thought it might have been related to replacing the adaptec
scsi card with a qlogic scsi card, which occurred at the same time as
the distribution upgrade, but the adaptec card has returned to this
system and the problem still persists.

Does anyone have any ideas of causes?

I suspect that yet another righteous dabble has been carried out in some
application in Debian and this lack of functionlity in the scsi system
is the result.