Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] Fwd: Re: Performance with MySQL queries since 3.0.0 (Dir inserting attributes hang)

2009-06-26 04:06:58
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] Fwd: Re: Performance with MySQL queries since 3.0.0 (Dir inserting attributes hang)
From: Marc Cousin <mcousin AT sigma DOT fr>
To: Tom Sommer <mail AT tomsommer DOT dk>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 10:02:22 +0200
On Friday 26 June 2009 09:38:37 Tom Sommer wrote:
> Tom Sommer wrote:
> > Okay, I added 12GB more RAM. Made my mysql tmp directory a tmpfs. Stole
> > some settings from Jason's my.cnf. Upgraded to latest MySQL version.
>
> This seem to have done the trick. My FULL backup only took 7 hours
> today, and completed without problems.
It's still awfully slow. Our server only has 8GB in all, and inserting 8
million new records takes a bit less than 1 hour (with much bigger tables).

Or is the complete backup taking 7 hours ? How much of it is despool then ?

> Sadly my director daemon crashed sometime afterwards (this happens often
> since 3.0.1), so my schedules didn't run last night (Give 3.0.2 ASAP?),
> however I'm hopefully optimistic my performance issue is resolved.
>
> Thanks for all the input, much appreciated.
>
> PS: Please quote below posts. God kills a kitten every time someone
> messes up a mailing list thread :(

Sorry about that, my mail client is setup to be 'outlook' compatible, in order
not to mess up with my colleagues who have no idea that answers should go
below :)