Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Help needed with setting up a 2nd storage daemon ona separate server (bacula 2.x)

2009-06-17 09:33:39
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Help needed with setting up a 2nd storage daemon ona separate server (bacula 2.x)
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: James Harper <james.harper AT bendigoit.com DOT au>, bacula-users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 09:26:38 -0400
>> I have a spare lto3 8x library which I'd like to use to story "copy
>> jobs" of recent full backups.

You can not do this yet with 2 SDs.

>> The library is attached to a separate server (compaq dl360), so my
>> question is what would be required on this server in order to run 2nd
>> bacula storage there. Is it just the sd that needs configuration? An
>> fd is already present as the machine itself is backed up regularly by
>> the 1st, primary bacula server which runs the director process.
>
> Yes, just the sd (and the fd of course if you want to back up the second
> server itself). I am not sure if there are still limitations on what can
> be done between two storages that are not on the same sd.

I have been using this method with bacula for 5 years now so I know it
works and works well.

A few of the new features in 3.0.X do not support more than 1 SD but I
do not use that yet. I am talking about migration and copy jobs. These
will work fine on either SD though not between the two SDs.

John