Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Help needed with setting up a 2nd storage daemon ona separate server (bacula 2.x)

2009-06-17 05:21:54
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Help needed with setting up a 2nd storage daemon ona separate server (bacula 2.x)
From: "James Harper" <james.harper AT bendigoit.com DOT au>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 19:16:48 +1000

> Hi folks,
>
> I have a spare lto3 8x library which I'd like to use to story "copy
> jobs" of recent full backups.
>
> The library is attached to a separate server (compaq dl360), so my
> question is what would be required on this server in order to run 2nd
> bacula storage there. Is it just the sd that needs configuration? An
> fd is already present as the machine itself is backed up regularly by
> the 1st, primary bacula server which runs the director process.

Yes, just the sd (and the fd of course if you want to back up the second
server itself). I am not sure if there are still limitations on what can
be done between two storages that are not on the same sd.

Another option could be to use iSCSI to export the raw scsi device to
another server... not sure if any of the Linux iSCSI targets support raw
scsi device passthrough yet though. That would increase the amount of
network traffic required too.

James