Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] dir and sd hang

2009-06-16 09:00:31
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] dir and sd hang
From: Attila Fülöp <lichtscheu AT gesindel DOT org>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 14:08:29 +0200
Silver Salonen wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I use Bacula 3.0.0 on FreeBSD-6.3. The problem I have is that DIR and SD tend
> to hang often, and it seems one causes another, because they do it together
> mostly. Sometimes it happens between jobs, sometimes it happens before all
> the
> jobs. The only possibility unlock the processes is to kill them with -9 and
> start again. After that backups work usually a few days and then the
> processes
> hang again.
>
> Anyone else experiencing this?

I fixed thread related bacula 2.2.8 stability issues by moving from 6.3-RELEASE
to 6.3-STABLE. It has a threadlib patch which 6.3-RELEASE has not. The issue was
that concurrent backups would after a while result in a locked dir and sd.

So your problem sounds related and you may give 6.3-STABLE a try. I would
appreciate any feedback since we are planing to update to 3.0.x. Stability
issues would of course change our modus operandi.

HTH

Attila