Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula mixing up pools and mount points

2009-06-15 16:01:50
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula mixing up pools and mount points
From: Jonathan Bayer <jbayer AT regiscope DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 15:38:41 -0400
On Mon, 2009-06-15 at 21:09 +0200, Arno Lehmann wrote:
> Hello,
>
> 15.06.2009 19:49, Dirk Bartley wrote:
> > OK, just re-read the storage= option under pool and it is a little bit
> > confusing to me because I always thought the storage came from the job
> > defaults, then the schedule resource for that run if it has an override.
> >
> >>From the docs, this means my assumtion was incorrect.
> >
> > "The Storage resource may also be specified in the Job resource, but the
> > value, if any, in the Pool resource overrides any value in the Job. This
> > Storage resource definition is not required by either the Job resource
> > or in the Pool, but it must be specified in one or the other. If not
> > configuration error will result."
> >
> > I'd still look at the storage on the job's log.  You may want to choose
> > to put the storage= in the schedule resource just to make sure.
>
> It's also important to NOT use the same media type for volumes handled
> by different storage devices that don't really share the same set of
> volumes.

But this is EXACTLY what I'm doing.  Same media type (File), two
different devices.

In fact, I can see this happening in many environments.  What about a
site that has multiple tape drives, all of the same type?

This is a bug, not a "Feature"

For now, I've solved the problem by putting two labels on the same
external drive.  This way it can read from one and write to the second.

JBB