Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Restoring Fileset from one Computer to Different Computer

2009-06-15 15:45:28
Subject: [Bacula-users] Restoring Fileset from one Computer to Different Computer
From: Industry Standard Computers <sales11 AT iscnetwork DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 15:41:18 -0400
I can't believe I can't find any clear cut way to do this.

I have a Linux box Cent OS 4.2 with Bacula pre installed.

I have to use Windows Client 2.0.2 with it.

I have a full functioning system to backup file folders from a Windows
computer to a file on the Linux box and restore the same file back to
the same Windows box.

My backup is ONLY the "C:\Documents and Setting\...\My Documents"
folder.   That is all that matters it the computer catches fire in
almost all of our computers!

Problem is I can not get the Fileset "xpcomp-fd" to restore on another
XP computer.  (Some computers will work, some computers don't. I use the
same settings in the WX-console Client (local .conf files) and the same
IP on the network as my original computer.)

What am I missing????
Or was Bacula never designed to be a simple Document backup & restore
program?

Thanks to all.
Butch