Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula Inserting Dir Attrib Taking Forever

2009-06-11 09:27:02
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula Inserting Dir Attrib Taking Forever
From: Michael Halfhill <mhalfhill AT ekn DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 08:34:07 -0400
Present Setup:

Bacula Version 2.4.4 (28 Dec 2008)
Debian lenny/sid

Postgresql 8.3

During Full Backup's there are cases where the backup will finish
spooling and have to wait on the "Dir Insert Attributes"

which takes several hours latter to complete and after reading a few
bacula-user posts this seems to be contributed to the need for
postgres tweak.

I need insight on how to better tweak my postgres configs to allow for
faster processing of  Attribute Inserts.

--enable-batch-insert=no was a suggesting but could take longer and
the default is "yes"

I also see where it has been suggested to configure and compile from
source, of which I apt get my Bacula Dir setup.

Michael G. Halfhill