Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Restore client problems

2009-06-09 09:25:20
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Restore client problems
From: Christian Gaul <christian.gaul AT otop DOT de>
To: Bacula Users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2009 15:21:18 +0200
John Kennedy schrieb:
> Jean,
> Please forgive my ignorance, I have a bacula-fd.conf file but no dir or
> sd conf files in /etc/bacula. In bacula-fd.conf there is no "Listen"
> directive. Here is the (sanitized) bacula-fd.conf file without comments:
>
> Director {
>   Name = server-dir
>   Password = "password from server"
>
> }
>
> Director {
>   Name = server-mon
>   Password = "password from server"
>
>   Monitor = yes
> }
>
>   Name = client-fd
>   WorkingDirectory = /var/lib/bacula
>   Pid Directory = /var/run/bacula
>   Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 20
>   Password = "password from server"
>   FDAddress = <IP of client>
> }
>
> Messages {
>   Name = Standard
>   director = server-dir = all, !skipped, !restored
> }
>
> I have also tried using the client info in place of the server info.
> Thanks,
> John
>

> Jean Gobin wrote:
>
>> By default on Debian, Bacula listens only on"localhost" (127.0.0.1).
>>
>> Suppress the "Listen" directives on dir and sd.
>>
>> J.
>>
>> Jean F. Gobin, CCENT, CCNA
>> Network Engineer
>> Tel:
>>  212.542.3175
>> Mobile:
>>  917.213.3532
>> Fax:
>>  212.981.6545
>>
>> 32 Avenue of the Americas, 4th Floor, New York, NY 10013
>>

>>  jgobin(at)strozfriedberg.com
>>

>>  www.strozfriedberg.com
>>
>> S T R O Z   F R I E D B E R G
>>

>> This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain
>> confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. No right to
>> confidential or privileged treatment of this message is waived or lost by
>> any error in transmission. If you have received this message in error,
>> please immediately notify the sender by e-mail or by telephone, delete the
>> message and all copies from your system and destroy any hard copies. You
>> must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print or copy
>> any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient.

That config is broken in at least one place without checking if it makes
sense logically.

Director {
  Name = server-mon
  Password = "password from server"

  Monitor = yes
}

  Name = client-fd
  WorkingDirectory = /var/lib/bacula
  Pid Directory = /var/run/bacula
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 20
  Password = "password from server"
  FDAddress = <IP of client>
}

Maybe you cut the wrong stuff or that is your problem. You might want to try

bacula-fd -t /etc/bacula/bacula-fd.conf

to check your config file for syntax errors.

To me it looks like it should look like:

Director {
  Name = server-mon
  Password = "password from server"

  Monitor = yes
}
FileDaemon {

--
Christian Gaul
otop AG

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Christof Glasmacher
Vorstand: Dirk Flug
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Mainz
Handelsregister: HRB 7647