Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] server on windows, trying to backup to hard drive

2009-06-08 14:37:08
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] server on windows, trying to backup to hard drive
From: Jeff Shanholtz <jeffsubs AT shanholtz DOT com>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2009 11:31:36 -0700
I had quite a bit of trouble getting a mix of 64 bit file service and 32 bit
director/storage services. Trying to run 2 installs just doesn't seem to
work. What I think will work is doing a full install of 32 bit, and then
manually copying the 64 bit binaries (I copied from an XP x64 client
machine) and changing the service in the registry to point to the 64 bit
executable instead. I haven't actually tried a backup with it yet, but the
service does start fine.

Only problem is if I try to view the status window for the file service, I
just get a blank window. Is that broken for 64 bit clients? The problem
happens on both of my 64 bit machines.

Good news though: I'm currently backing up from my 64 bit client machine! :)
So now it's on to fine tuning my jobs.