Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bacula management questions

2009-06-05 13:00:27
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bacula management questions
From: John Lockard <jlockard AT umich DOT edu>
To: Bacula-Users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 12:56:45 -0400
If you do 'status client=[clientname]', on the bottom of the
output you'll see the status of the last several jobs which
ran for that client.

I would keep doing like you are with moving old-fd to new-fd
and deleting config for the old config, etc..

Your old backup files I would think should be saved for the
defined life of the backup and will eventually disappear when
that lifespan has been reached.

For example, if I create a new webserver I won't automatically
delete all of the old webserver's backups, I'll keep them
around till they've hit their defined lifespan.

-John

On Thu, Jun 04, 2009 at 11:58:04AM -0700, pedro noticioso wrote:

> hi guys, bacula kicks arse lol
>
> how may I know how long its been since the clients where backed up from
> bcosole of whatever? I jsut want to find out quickly which ones have the
> longest time to see whats going on with them
>
> btw, every once in a while employees lave the company and new ones come in,
> so my machines names change names with them, how may I move the clients name
> from old-fd to new-fd? I currently delete old configuration, create a new one
> and whalla, duplicated information and I am building up a bunch of unsused
> names  in the clients list and taking space with old backup files :s
>
> thanks

Never Do Anything You Wouldn't Want To Explain To The Paramedics
         John M. Lockard |  U of Michigan - School of Information
 Unix and Security Admin |      1214 SI North - 1075 Beal Ave.
      jlockard AT umich DOT edu |        Ann Arbor, MI  48109-2112
 www.umich.edu/~jlockard |     734-615-8776 | 734-647-8045 FAX