Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Error writing to tape

2009-06-04 22:34:26
Subject: [Bacula-users] Error writing to tape
From: Dirk Bartley <bartleyd2 AT chartermi DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2009 20:06:43 -0400
Greetings

I'm wonding if anyone may have any ideas of how to prevent this error.
I've been using bacula for a few years in one location and would get an
error like below approximately once every three weeks.  It has not been
too big a problem and I am able to just umount mount umount mount and
solve the issue from home.  So not to big of an issue for me.

However, I'm getting the oporunity to use bacula at another location and
we have the exact same tape drive there as well.  They are both
Certrance LTO2 drives.

These are just single drives with no changers.

If anyone has any experience solving this kind of issue, I would
certainly appreciate the help.

Log records for job 445
2009-06-03 17:58:18
centos6-sd
Volume "MAIL_MOWE_2" previously written, moving to end of data.
2009-06-03 17:59:04
centos6-sd
Marking Volume "MAIL_MOWE_2" in Error in Catalog.

Error: Unable to position to end of data on device "LTO" (/dev/nst0):
ERR=dev.c:946 ioctl MTIOCGET error on "LTO" (/dev/nst0).
ERR=Input/output error.
2009-06-03 17:59:47
centos6-sd
Job centos2etc.2009-06-03_18.00.00_42 waiting. Cannot find any
appendable volumes.
Please use the "label"  command to create a new Volume for:

Thank you kindly

Dirk Bartley