Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] volume management & holidays

2009-05-26 11:45:34
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] volume management & holidays
From: Brian Debelius <bdebelius AT intelesyscorp DOT com>
To: olaf AT artefact DOT nl
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 11:18:07 -0400
You can disable the media with an admin job.  As soon as you do this the
director does not want it anymore, until you enable it again.

Another way around this is by having an extra weeks worth of tapes in
rotation.  Week 1 and Week 2.  With a 1 week retention, one set of tapes
is always expired and pruned.  I have labeled the tape boxes with the
day, and then I can swap the tapes inside the boxes as needed. to keep
the weekdays correct.