Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Not automounting... why?

2009-05-22 14:27:37
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Not automounting... why?
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: John Lockard <jlockard AT umich DOT edu>, bacula-users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 14:23:32 -0400
On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 11:58 AM, John Lockard <jlockard AT umich DOT edu>
wrote:
> And if I mounted a tape immediately after and also made sure
> that automout was set to yes?  Whenever I unmount a tape I
> always make sure to mount another in it's stead.
>
> I'll dig through previous and current job and daemon messages
> when I get back to my normal office.

If you unmount a volume from any drive use the release command instead
of unmount. The reason is that unmount will take the drive out of
bacula's control and it will remain out of bacula's control until you
issue the mount command on that drive.

John