Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Giant Job bscan

2009-05-20 21:10:14
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Giant Job bscan
From: Glen Davison <glen.davison AT sirca.org DOT au>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 11:01:33 +1000
>> I have tried bscanning individual tapes, and sets of consecutive tapes from
>> the start,
>
> This is generally all that is needed.
>
>> but the bscan fails to "find" any jobs or files ie. nothing added
>> to DB.
>
> Are you sure the scan was not prunned again? Did you use the option to
> put the tape back in the database?
>
> John

An example:

bscan -m -s -v -V 'FREU097' -P XYHFLGHTGBFK /dev/tape-quantum1

Sometimes with the -m -s, sometimes not.  I have done many successful bscans before and since, fairly confident of my usage.

I don't have the output from any of the failed bscans any more, but this is roughly what they looked like:

bscan: bscan.c:637 End of all Volumes. VolFiles=326 VolBlocks=0 VolBytes=309,353,435,014
Records added or updated in the catalog:
      1 Media
      1 Pool
      0 Job
      0 File

ie the bscan looked "successful", but never found the job or files.

It's starting to sound like the entire giant job was broken somehow right from the start - which is possible.  What a complete waste of time and effort.  And tapes.  :(

Glen

--
Glen Davison                      davo AT sirca.org DOT au
SIRCA Pty Ltd                      Ph (02) 9236 9133