Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] FD on Win2000 Server

2009-05-20 03:32:01
Subject: [Bacula-users] FD on Win2000 Server
From: Alnis Morics <alnis.morics AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 10:28:09 +0300
Hi, list,

This is the first time I try to find solution here. (Actuallyy I wrote
before about this but my e-mail address was inappropriate, sorry for that)

I have bacula 3.0.1 on Debian Lenny x86 as a backup server and Windows
2000 SP4 Server to back up files from.

As soon as I try to run a backup job for that FD, I receive this:

win2000srv-fd JobId 41: Fatal error: /home/kern/bacula/k/src/filed/backup.c
        :948 Network send error to SD. ERR=Input/output error

This is with my data directory e:\Share. When I try to use something
from different locations (another directories on the same drive, or some
directories from drive c:), they are sent to my Debian bacula server ok,
and I could also restore them back to a restore directory on the Windows
 machine.

Tried to make a new file within e:\Share, and it backs up ok. Tried to
change all permissions in e:\Share, -- doesn't help.

Tried to run setacl:

SetACL.exe -on "\\win200srv\share" -ot file -actn ace -ace
"n:mydomain\administrator;p:change" -ace "n:S-1-5-32-544;p:full;s:y"
-actn clear -clr "dacl,sacl" -actn rstchldrn -rst "dacl,sacl" -log
"c:\my documents\setacl\log.txt"

It executed ok, but didn't help. Tried to copy the whole directory to
c:, and the same effect.
Tried to copy some files to my Debian server, and from there they back
up ok.
Tried to install older versions of bacula on the Windows machine but
that didn't help.

The Bacula Service is run by "LocalSystem" user, as are all other system
services, and on my Win2000 machine, there is no user named "SYSTEM" to
change it to.
Tried to run as Administrator, tried also to make a special user for
bacula and included it in all privileged groups I could think of but
that didn't help, too.

So, it's not a network problem 'cos I can still back other files.
Neither it's a problem with the hdd  on the Windows machine: I can back
up other files from that drive. Maybe permissions are still messed up
somehow. How could I find the cause?